Re: X11 in Leopard: xterm on start-up

On Oct 28, 2007, at 7:22 PM, Dave Schroeder wrote:

But why not use the Mac OS X (Universal, i.e., PowerPC- and Intel- native) version if it now exists, regardless of what others might still be using (possibly erroneously)? Is there something it appears to not be able to do versus the version that requires X11?

I tried the Mac OS X "Native" version today and its pretty buggy and the UI looks horrible and kept getting messed up.

Its just one of those things, I'm used to the X11 version and would like to stick to it (and after I recompiled it now, I can). That and I also like to run it on one computer and export to another, something you can do with X11 obviously, but not with the "Native" version.

Jamie