Re: X11 in Leopard: xterm on start-up

On 10/29/07, Rich Cook <email@hidden> wrote:

> And from there, in my experience, it goes into a black hole, where
> nobody knows if anyone is working on it, whether any progress is
> made, or when it will get fixed, or if it even does get fixed.  This
> is one of my big gripes with Apple.  I file a bug and have  no way
> short of pestering individuals in Apple how it is going.  Can you
> guys just track bugs like normal people?  Sheesh.  Microsoft is not

Yes, it's annoying, however, open bugs anyways.  The more bugs that
are open on the same issue, the more "votes" it's considered to have
gotten and it gets higher priority from a release point of view.

(Or so I've heard...)

Ben Byer is obviously committed to making X11 work well, but the more
we vote for the issues, the more likely the release people will be to
fast-track his fixes to an official release, I would expect...  :)