Re: X11 in Leopard: xterm on start-up

On Oct 29, 2007, at Oct 29, 10:53 PM, Mick Mueck wrote:

Just to quote myself from an earlier email:
With all those BILLIONS in the bank, Apple can afford to give X11 a little more respect...

While we're all thrilled to see "the man" himself responding to this thread, I get the impression the team must be pretty small. Can you please provide us with a name or something where we can send in a petition to get you more help!

Certainly several of these X11 bugs were reported during the Leopard beta test phase - and not right near the end either.

I've never seen this list so active...

Mick.
<EOR>  (End Of Rant)

Not picking on <EOR> in particular, but ...

. if you folks have important X11 business, well, wait more than 34 picoseconds before you upgrade a known to an unknown. Right?

. having painted yourself into a corner, refrain from back-installing Tiger's X11: sometimes it works, sometimes not. Right?

. don't gut-react to all the initial flurry of "solutions"; wait for a consensus and apply the simplest work-around(s) possible. Right?

. we all need an updated X11 "real soon now".  Right?  Right.

Steve