Re: X11 in Leopard: xterm on start-up

On 30 Oct 2007, at 7:56 am, Steve Lidie wrote:

Well, that is what I am going to do - I hope. It's only been one day but I think I can cope with the current situation.

Unusable Spaces/Random unfixable caps lock/no middle mousebutton on a laptop. I can't live or work productively with that unfortunately. I've been trying this morning on my home Mac mini, and just had to close X11 to fix the caps thing, which means closing all my open work. I just can't do that when I'm at work.

Long experience has shown that hacking like this generally leads to trouble down the road - what that might be only Murphy knows.

I don't think its that much of a hank TBH. No more so that installing any other app from the Tiger era honestly. The double dock icon is weird, for sure, but otherwise it operates exactly as it did on Tiger.

Who knows, maybe Tiger's X11 will work for years?

I hope that it doesn't need to!

Jamie