What's with XCode not locating my '.pch' files?

What's with XCode not locating my '.pch' files?

In the 'project.pbxproj' file - (which I only looked at after much head-scratching to see if there was something OBVIOUSLY wrong...) and it showed:

32CA4F630368D1EE00C91783 = 				// this file in question...
{
explicitFileType = sourcecode.c.h;
fileEncoding = 4;
isa = PBXFileReference;
name = Panther_Prefix.pch;
path = PrefixFiles/Panther_Prefix.pch;
refType = 4;
sourceTree = "<group>";
};

buildSettings = 						// project settings
{
COPY_PHASE_STRIP = NO;
DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS = YES;
GCC_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC = NO;
GCC_ENABLE_FIX_AND_CONTINUE = NO;
GCC_GENERATE_DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS = YES;
GCC_INPUT_FILETYPE = automatic;
GCC_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL = 0;
GCC_PFE_FILE_C_DIALECTS = "";
GCC_PRECOMPILE_PREFIX_HEADER = YES;
GCC_PREFIX_HEADER = PrefixFiles/Panther_Prefix.pch;
INFOPLIST_FILE = PlistFiles/Info.plist;
OPTIMIZATION_CFLAGS = "-O0";
PREBINDING = YES;
ZERO_LINK = NO;
};

The 'precompile' does not seem to happen - AND... if I specifically include the file into the header in my source... an error reports: "/Volumes/dev/MyProject/Utils/PUtils.c:25:32: Panther_Prefix.pch: No such file or directory"

Everytime I think I am facing a bug - that bug tuens out to be ME in the mirror - so I am not complaining, only wish to know, is it Memorex - or is it me? I'll be happy to file a bug-report, assuming it's determined there actually IS a bug.

Thanks!

Lance Drake