Re: Warning: Multiple build commands for output file

Re: Warning: Multiple build commands for output file

On Dec 19, 2006, at 3:39 AM, Jamie Weston wrote:

I read through the threads from the following link but. Im very new to

xcode (im making my first project) so i couldnt understand what file

to delete... could someone please spell it out for me.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2005/Nov/msg00204.html

this is the waring that keeps popping up when i clean the project

Cleaning target "Currency Converter" of project "Currency Converter"

with configuration "Debug" — (2 errors, 1 warning)

Checking DependenciesWarning: Multiple build commands for output file

/Users/tom/Currency Converter/build/Debug/Currency

Converter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

File /Users/tom/Currency Converter/build/Debug/Currency Converter.app

depends on itself.  This target might include its own product.

File /Users/tom/Currency Converter/build/Debug/Currency Converter.app

depends on itself.  This target might include its own product.

Warning: Multiple build commands for output file /Users/tom/Currency

Converter/build/Debug/Currency

Converter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

File /Users/tom/Currency Converter/build/Debug/Currency

Converter.app depends on itself.  This target might include its own

product.

File /Users/tom/Currency Converter/build/Debug/Currency

Converter.app depends on itself.  This target might include its own

product.

Clean failed (2 errors, 1 warning)

Well, this says that you have two problems:

1) You have two copies of MainMenu.nib in your project. Remove one.
2) Your project is relying on something it's trying to create.  (This may in fact be the second nib; perhaps you dragged the nib from the built application itself into the project?)

Chris