Re: FFTW on MacBook Pro

This shell script might be useful to you, it does the right things to build a universal FFTW lib:

#! /bin/sh

# Script to build a universal binary of FFTW3. Copy this into the FFTW distribution directory
# and run it from there to use it, outputs libfftw3f.a
#
# You will need to execute chmod +x "BuildFFTW.sh" to run the script
#
# For more information see this very useful link:
#
# http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2137.html

# Configure for i386
./configure CFLAGS="-arch i386" --with-combined-threads --enable- float --enable-sse --enable-threads

# Clean
make clean

# Make
make

# Rename library
mv .libs/libfftw3f.a ./libfftw3f-i386.a

# Configure for ppc
./configure CFLAGS="-arch ppc" --with-combined-threads --enable-float --enable-altivec --enable-threads --with-gcc-arch=G5

# Clean
make clean

# Make
make

# Rename library
mv .libs/libfftw3f.a ./libfftw3f-ppc.a

# lipo everything together
lipo -create libfftw3f-i386.a libfftw3f-ppc.a -output libfftw3f.a

Cheers,

Steve