Embedding framework, pbxcp No such file or directory

Embedding framework, pbxcp No such file or directory

I created a Xcode project for some open source software, and committed the project files to their CVS server.  Everything builds fine for me.  However, other people are having problems getting the project to build properly using the *.xcodeproj that I committed.  Here is the error:

    /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -strip-debug-symbols -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/withdrawn/elc/macosx/../../../../Library/Frameworks/SDL_net.framework /Users/withdrawn/elc/macosx/build/Release/EternalLands.app/Contents/Frameworks
pbxcp: SDL_net.framework: No such file or directory
pbxcp: SDL_net.framework: No such file or directory

Hmm....  This is obviously happening during the copy frameworks build phase.  My frameworks for embedding are kept in ~Library/Frameworks/.  I keep my elc repository in ~/programming/EternalLands, and the ../../../../Library/Frameworks/SDL_net.framework would be correct for my installation.  However, it is clearly not appropriate for this "withdrawn" user.

The project's framework search path is setup as follows:
$(HOME)/Library/Frameworks $(SDKROOT)/System/Library/Frameworks /Library/Frameworks $(FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATHS)

How do I tell the copy frameworks build phase to use something like $(HOME)/Library/Frameworks rather than $(PROJECT_DIR)/../../../Library/Frameworks?  Another way of putting it, why is the copy phase not using the framework location as found in the search path?

Jeff