How do you get Xcode to statically link libraries?

How do you get Xcode to statically link libraries?

How to you force Xcode to statically link libraries for a C++ tool? It keeps looking for the dylibs.

I have the following in my project settings:
OTHER_LDFLAGS = -lboost_serialization-mt-d-1_34_1 -lcryptopp - lmysqlclient -lmysqlpp

I have tried:
OTHER_LDFLAGS = -lboost_serialization-mt-d-1_34_1.a -lcryptopp - lmysqlclient -lmysqlpp
but it fails with a file not found error, even though it is there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
graham