Re: How to use gcc-4.3 (or 4.4) in Xcode?

2009/9/15 Jean-Daniel Dupas <email@hidden>:
> talking about FAQ, did you saw the list rules which start by:
> First things first: It's Xcode, not xCode or XCode or x-code.  Remember that
> now.
> Chris loses an eye each time he reads a message like this ;-)

Oops, sorry. Updated the mail subject.

> Now, to come back to your question, you can add a CC "user defined build
> setting" to the build setting list.
> Despite the setting name, CC is used for both C and C++ files.
> You have to specify an absolute path IIRC.

Great. It does work.

The problem now is that my g++ does not understand Apple "extensions"
to the compiler. My locally recompiled compiler does not understand
the -arch argument.

I see two options:
- tell Xcode to not pass this argument. Is it possible?
- write a wrapper that removes this argument from the command line
before calling the real compiler

Thanks

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau