Re: No ppc from Xcode 4?

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 02:09:21PM +0100, Christiaan Hofman wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that Xcode 4 cannot build PPC binaries anymore?
>
> I could not find this information in the release notes, and also trying to build with "ppc" in the ARCHS build settings does not give any errors or warnings, but the resulting fat binaries do not seem to contain a ppc binary. Is this a documentation bug?

It's right there at the top of the "About Xcode and IOS SDK.pdf".

Xcode 4 does not support developing for PowerPC; you must continue to use Xcode 3.2.6 to develop applications for the PowerPC architecture. The Custom Install section below has instructions to install both Xcode 4 and Xcode 3.2.6 on the same Mac.