Re: Leopard Java

On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:39 AM, Don McGregor wrote:

I think the combination of JDK6 Developer Preview and Leopard has screwed up my
box. What's the "safe" way to remove the developer preview? The Utlities/java/Java Preferences
for JDK 6 dumps, and the java preferences for 1.5 seems to be non- functional.

Presumably you can go into the package bom and remove the files, but is
that going to screw up the sym links? Is there One True Way to swap
everything to 1.5 from the command line?

% rm ~/Library/Caches/Java/deployment.properties % sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0 % sudo rm /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6

That's it. You'll have 1.5 as the default again. If you have a folder named 'Java SE 6' in /Applications/Utilities/Java, delete that too.

Scott
Scott Kovatch
Apple Inc.
Java Runtime Classes
email@hidden

I am Scott Kovatch, and I approved this message.