Re: Java-dev Digest, Vol 10, Issue 74

On Jun 1, 2013, at 3:00 PM, email@hidden wrote:

> I have only had this reported from a client using OS X.  Multiple machines report the same error.  Its as if the JVM stops allowing outbound connections as the server doesn't see the attempts to reach it, and the exception indicates the socket its creating is already closed...
>
> It took 2 hours, 45 minutes roughly for this to occur on the last test.
>
> Any help on what I can do?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Ben,

	I'd take a look at what's happening "under the covers" -- with tcpdump (to see what's happening at the network level), and dtruss (to see what's happening at the system call level).

	If you call connect, you should see the connect() system call, and the Mac should send out a SYN packet.   Figuring out where that goes wrong might help you..

-SteveK