Re: Java7 Socket Closed Exception

> To get the obvious questions out of the way first...
> Are you closing your sockets when you're done with them?  Waiting/Hoping for garbage collection to reclaim your sockets for you is a bad idea...  (Symptoms would look just like what you're experiencing...).

I can do a lsof to verify, but yes, they are *supposed* to be getting closed.

Wouldn't there be an error about too many open file handles?  Or if the file handles on the OS is set high, maybe that error won't show up then and sockets will just get reported as being closed?

I'll get an lsof and see.  Thanks for the note that this scenario could look like this.

Thanks,
Ben