Re: Java7 Socket Closed Exception

On a hunch, I also tried this same scenario in Java 6 by launching the jar directly and not using a JNLP file.  Same machine, same files, same config...etc.  So far no issues.

I am using jxfilewatcher as part of this.  It opens file handles to all the file's its watching.  Roughly 4300 items in the folder I am working with.  With the 10240 limit in OS X, that shouldn't pose a problem for java being able to make sockets...right?

We upped the limit with sysctl to 100,000 with no effect on the situation either.

Thanks,
Ben