Re: Java7 Socket Closed Exception

> Try testing on an empty or much smaller folder?
> Java 7 has nio.2 with a polling WatchService implementation on OS X that you might be able to try instead of jxfilewatcher if I'm understanding what thats doing correctly it's similar functionality.
>
> Not really helpful probably but my trz library below includes a OS X kqueue implementation of a nio.2 WatchService. It passed the basic jvm tests but would probably not do well with 4300 files.

4300 is a starter count for the folder...its expected to grow to a rather large data set on 43Tb+, and I believe over 100,000 files even...

I'm going to switch to jpathwatch instead I believe as its tracks more events such as Rename, which is an absolute requirement for me to be able to catch renames.

Not sure if this will prevent the socket closed exceptions...but it might...  There is still a bug with that though it seems in Java 7 on OSX.

Thanks,
Ben