Re: Will Java 6 survive in Mavericks?

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:01:10 +0200, Kustaa Nyholm <email@hidden> wrote:

On 12/06/2013 09:48, "Hendrik Schreiber" <email@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 12, 2013, at 6:28 AM, Andrew Herron wrote:

This is a topic for the 10.9 developer forum. Discussing the developer
preview on a public forum is breaking the NDA.

That of course applies to only those who have signed/agreed to the
NDA and information that is subject to it. It is possible, though
unlikely, that someone knows this information without him/her/it
being subject to NDA.

I for one have not downloaded the developer preview so I cannot
discuss that at all and I'm not a member of '10.9 developer forum'
but I would welcome information on the subject.

Me too - but the problem is: we should hope for some leaked information, and that invariably won't have any official confirmation. So how good would it be? Guessing for guessing, I guess JDK 6 won't be in Maverick - after all JDK is already end of life (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html), so it shouldn't be used any longer right now. I guess it's more productive for us to focus on those infamous JDK 7 bugs.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."