Re: JNLP signing requirement.

Hi,

On 12 Jun 2013, at 6:54 , Andrew Herron <email@hidden> wrote:

On Tuesday, 11 June 2013 at 8:25 PM, Michael Hall wrote:

On Jun 10, 2013, at 8:20 AM, Steve Kann wrote:
Are you talking about java 6 or 7?
This actually has nothing to do with Java itself, technically. From what I can see gatekeeper blocking is done at the application launch layer, so before the OS even attempts to launch the JNLP (regardless of the Java version) it requires a valid signature.

seems to be the case yes ; If I open the jnlp from the filesystem, with a click of the 'right' mouse button, I can open it just like any other signed application. When the java security-dialog pops up, it is possible to accept the certificate/URL combination; from then on, the JNLP is always accepted....

cheers

Dannes