Re: JNLP signing requirement.

That breaks our product usage on Mac OS X Clients in standard settings with Gatekeeper enabled!

A solution would be a site based Gatekeeper configuration in Safari as it is already implemented for Java usage itself.

Reason: Our JNLP file is created dynamically on every application launch to insert a one-time-ticket to allow the client to authenticate after the user already authenticated himself on the application web page.

Technically we could enhance the Servlet creating the JNLP file by signing the output, but that would mean we needed to insert our secret developer signing key into our server application which is distributed to customers. And that is of course not possible if you don't want to find your secret key later anywhere on the Internet.