Re: Problem signing Java application after hard disk replacement

Re: Problem signing Java application after hard disk replacement

On 12/06/2013 20:13, Paul Taylor wrote:
Hi

So although I didn't fully understand it at the time last year I set up a Mac Developer account, generated some certificates and signed my standalone non appstore application.
At build time I just do:

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate" /usr/bin/codesign --force --sign xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --requirements "=designated => anchor apple generic and identifier \"com.jthink.jaikoz\" and ((cert leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9] exists) or ( certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] exists and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] exists and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = \"9VEBH439W3\" ))" /Applications/jaikoz.app

where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is my private key I assume.

Unfortunately this week my harddrive completely failed, and my TimeMachine backup was also screwed so I had to reinstall from scratch, now I dont understand how to reget the developer certificates. Documententation says they are not valid for a different machine, I assume that as I have reinstalled from scratch this is a different machine. However I do have a backup of something certificate related called DeveloperCertificates.developerProfile but if I try and import it into KeyChain Access or Xcode it doesnt let me select it.

I have tried to follow instructions for creating new certificates within Xcode but cannot get anything to work My KeyChain does actaully list some certificates somehow, but I dont understand why and anyway the above command fails with

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx no:identify found

Ive tried reading the documentation but it singulary fails to get to the point, could anyone please tell me how to recover my certificates or if that is not possible generate new ones, as it is this is preventing me doing a new release of my application

thanks Paul

Never mind worked it out in the end

Paul