Re: Java 1.6.0_51 seems to be broken when running certain applications

Re: Java 1.6.0_51 seems to be broken when running certain applications

Hi John,

On 20 Jun 2013, at 02:52, John L33T Haxor wrote:

> It seems that the latest Java 1.6.0_51 update has problems running some Swing applications.  I performed a software update to get the latest Java 1.6.0_51.  I then installed VisualVM 1.3.5 (http://visualvm.java.net/download.html) and tried to run it.  I get the License Agreement dialog, but when I try to click "I agree" or "cancel" and it doesn't accept any events.  All I can do is hit ctrl-c to close the application.
>
> We have 3 Swing desktop applications.  Two of them have the same problem in where they launch, but no events are accepted, while the third application works ok.  One of the applications is licensed to our customers and they are all having the same problem with the new Java update, so it is not a localized to a machine configuration, but to the new Java Update.
>
> Doing some Google searches, it looks like Matlab is having similar problems with the new update :
> http://www.mathworks.us/matlabcentral/answers/79489-java-1-6-0_51-breaks-matlab-2012b-and-below
I can confirm that VisualVM does not get any keyboard/mouse events until the window is resized. Very similar to above Mathlab issue.

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka   <mailto:email@hidden>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org