Re: Java 1.6.0_51 seems to be broken when running certain applications

Re: Java 1.6.0_51 seems to be broken when running certain applications

> Anyone else having similar issues?

Yes. And it is definitely caused by the Java update. An app of mine
which was working just fine Wednesday evening locked up hard 30
minutes later, immediately after I installed the new Java 1.6.0_51
update. It still works on the one machine I have which is using
1.6.0_45. By "locked up hard", I mean that an open-file dialog that
appears after launch is completely unresponsive and a force-quit is
required. Also, a splash window that appears beforehand is blank.

I have another Java app which does not exhibit this problem. I have
not been able to explore the problem much further, but the first thing
I was going to check Thursday was preferences initialization. The
broken app uses java.util.prefs.Preferences, while the working app
does not.

rbs

--
email@hidden