Re: Java 1.6.0_51 seems to be broken when running certain applications

On 20 Jun 2013, at 1:52:06AM, John L33T Haxor <email@hidden> wrote:
> It seems that the latest Java 1.6.0_51 update has problems running some Swing applications.  I performed a software update to get the latest Java 1.6.0_51.  I then installed VisualVM 1.3.5 (http://visualvm.java.net/download.html) and tried to run it.  I get the License Agreement dialog, but when I try to click "I agree" or "cancel" and it doesn't accept any events.  All I can do is hit ctrl-c to close the application.

A similar problem occurs with Visual Paradigm. This is a really serious bug that prevents the app from even starting.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof. Ralph Martin                     Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
Computer Science & Informatics         Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598