Re: Java console application (no Swing or AWT) starts showing up in Dock after upgrading to 1.6.0_51

Re: Java console application (no Swing or AWT) starts showing up in Dock after upgrading to 1.6.0_51

Hello,

I'm spotting this issue in more and more places.  For example, with Tomcat 6, if I run:
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh

...it pops up an icon in the dock, which it didn't do before.

Also, when connecting to such processes with "jconsole", I noticed that these applications have all started the AWT-AppKit thread, which I don't recall having seen before.  Nothing hangs, but it's quirky to have the dock fill up with so many coffee cup icons, and frustrating to have the focus stolen when I'm in a Terminal window.

Thanks,
Christopher