Re: Creating a Mac OS X application bundle for easy distribution for a Java Application

Re: Creating a Mac OS X application bundle for easy distribution for a Java Application

Hi Daniesh,

I compiled a runnable JAR for JRE version 7 and I couldn't get Jar Bundler to accept it at all.  I wasn't even able to create a Mac application bundle.

I found the following link which may provide a solution (I haven't tried it yet, but it does  look promising.)  I tried running the JAR file: appbundler both from the Finder and from the command-line and it didn't work either way:

64-bit:~ kaydell$ java -jar /Users/kaydell/Desktop/Test/appbundler-1.0.jar
no main manifest attribute, in /Users/kaydell/Desktop/Test/appbundler-1.0.jar

But the link below shows an ant build, a file called "build.xml".  It makes me wonder if you have to run "appbundler-1.0.jar" by using Apache Ant.  This seems "weird" to me, but it's not an Apple product, maybe it is just hard, but not impossible.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/jweb/packagingAppsForMac.html

I believe that the issue with Jar Bundler is that it is an old Apple product which was developed for Java 6 and earlier.

Let me know how it goes.  I'll do the same.

-- Kaydell