RE: HTMLArea support in Safari?

Is there any status from Apple on document.designMode/HTMLArea/midas support in Safari (ex. http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/)? This is a really big missing feature. I tested out a rich text HTMLArea in Safari 2.0 in the Tiger Preview release, but found they had not yet compiled this support in. If no one on the list is privy to this info, does anyone know where I might go to find the answer/ask Apple directly?

Thanks,
Daniel Jabbour