Re: where are my code page-ins?

My code page-ins are missing due to a stupid error in my analysis code.

I apologize for the noise!

	Thanks, Joel

On Nov 5, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Joel Reymont wrote:

I'm tracing page faults in a Firefox library (XUL) with a simple DTrace script that looks for vnode page-ins [1]. This is on Snow Leopard 10.6.1, 64 bits.

I run the script like this 'dtrace -Zqws page-fault.d'.

I clear the cache beforehand by allocating 8Gb of memory (twice physical 4Gb) and touching every page [0].

The script produces a list of page faults [2] which I try to map to segments using the output from 'size -m -l XUL' [3]. Trouble is, I don't see code page ins (__TEXT, __text) at all!

When do my code pages get paged in and how can I track this?

--- firefox for android! http://wagerlabs.com