Re: Alternative to bootstrap_register?

On 18 Nov 2009, at 23:18, Damien Sorresso wrote:

> We're trying to discourage projects from spawning their own child processes.

For the case where the processes that are trying to communicate are parent and child already, so they won't be running unless both of them are running, I can't see an obvious advantage to using launchd (versus just doing a bootstrap_check_in()), and while it isn't significantly more complicated to use it (especially on 10.6), I'm not certain I see the benefit.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net