Re: Identifying sparse files using getattrlist()

Re: Identifying sparse files using getattrlist()

On 3 Nov 2009, at 15:57, rohan a wrote:

Why the hard coded value 512 ?

To find the real size of the file I tried this :
RealSize = st_blocks * st_blksize;

st_blksize returned was 4096

And the real size far execeeded the stat size (should be the opposite
for sparse files)

st_blksize isn't what you think. Check the stat(2) man page, where you'll see it says:

     The size-related fields of the structures are as follows:

     st_blksize     The optimal I/O block size for the file.

st_blocks The actual number of blocks allocated for the file in
512-byte units. As short symbolic links are stored in the
inode, this number may be zero.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--