Re: Identifying sparse files using getattrlist()

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 09:27:38PM +0530, rohan a wrote:
> Why the hard coded value 512 ?
>
> To find the real size of the file I tried this :
> RealSize = st_blocks * st_blksize;
>
> st_blksize returned was 4096
>
> And the real size far execeeded the stat size (should be the opposite
> for sparse files)

Perhaps reading the documentation would help?  From the stat(2) man page:

     The size-related fields of the structures are as follows:

     st_blksize     The optimal I/O block size for the file.

     st_blocks      The actual number of blocks allocated for the file in
                    512-byte units.  [...]

HTH
--macko