Re: Difference between com.apple.FinderInfo (getxattr()) and ATTR_CMN_FNDRINFO (getattrlist())

Re: Difference between com.apple.FinderInfo (getxattr()) and ATTR_CMN_FNDRINFO (getattrlist())

Hi Rohan,

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM, rohan a <email@hidden> wrote:

> The getattrlist() API returns Finder Flags through ATTR_CMN_FNDRINFO
> while the getxattr() returns them through the Extended attribute
> com.apple.FinderInfo.
> Any flags set using /Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo except for L (Locked)
> flag shows up in com.apple.FinderInfo. The L flag shows up as uchg in
> chflags
>
> Though the two look identical are there any differences? Are there any
> flags returned by only one of the 2 API's. Is anyone a subset of the
> other ? While doing a backup of files, is it ok to use either of them
> ( ATTR_CMN_FNDRINFO or com.apple.FinderInfo ) or should I use both of
> them ?

They're almost certainly identical. To be sure, you can check the sources:

	<http://opensource.apple.com/>

Regards,

Chris