Re: Alternative to bootstrap_register?

Hi Alastair,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Alastair Houghton <email@hidden> wrote:

I should qualify my statement---it really depends on how many you plan to put in there, and what they're there for.  In the previous named-semaphore case, it seems sensible for them to have their own separate namespace and it would be evil to put potentially large numbers of named semaphores in that namespace because of the potential for namespace collisions with other things.

Well, there's also the fact that Mach semaphores are owned by the task that created them (and are destroyed when the task terminates), so you have to have a server for them. Or at least that's my understanding of it.

Kind regards,

Chris