Re: Alternative to bootstrap_register?

On 18.11.2009, at 16:35, Alastair Houghton wrote:
> Another alternative is just to use bootstrap_checkin() from the child process, and then you can use the port that that API returns.  The parent would then use bootstrap_look_up().
>
> (That's what my sample program does.)

bootstrap_checkin() requires root privileges for the calling application (at least on 10.5 and earlier), which seems like overkill in our case. Apparently, your code uncovered that it works on 10.6 without root permissions, but sadly that won't help in our current situation :-(

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."