Re: gcc compiler error: "Ignoring attempt to re-define symbol"

Re: gcc compiler error: "Ignoring attempt to re-define symbol"

Use -save-temps and look at the line in the assembly that it is complaining about, then find the other label of the same name, and determine why the label is present twice.

Inline levels and inline asm can both contribute to this type of issue.

What I'm trying to do is to compile an open-source project under Mac OS;

Although the project supports both Linux and FreeBSD systems,
however, on the latter it runs into this kind of error:

	-Tmp-//ccYQ9y4o.s:1073:Ignoring attempt to re-define symbol.
	make[2]: *** [obj_native/uaodv.o] Error 1
	make[2]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Surely it is an assembler error,
but everything goes well if compile the very same project targeting the MSP430 platform,
in that case using a MSPGCC compiler, successfully ported on Mac OS.

The MSPGCC itself was compiled whit:
XCode 3.0 on OSX 10.5.4
gcc-3.3.6 with MSPGCC patches
binutils-2.17
msp430-libc

Maybe, for my system's gcc compiler, some assembler or ASM libraries are missing.
What I should looking for?

Giorgio