Re: Alternative to bootstrap_register?

On 20.11.2009, at 19:31, Damien Sorresso wrote:
> bootstrap_check_in() doesn't require root privileges. It only requires that you be advertising the named service in your launchd.plist.

 Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plist is static, and needs to be installed with root permissions by an installer. How would we generate a plist with a dynamic service name without root permissions? Trying to coerce bootstrap_check_in() and generating a file on disk for this purpose seems like a terrible hack to me.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."